• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Favorite and Least Favorite Exercise

Belligerent

What do you like to do for exercise? And what do you hate doing for exercise?

I love using my elliptical.. it was a gift to myself for Christmas and I use it almost everyday. My legs are a lot more muscular now (as well as my bum) and it is excellent cardio. It's low-impact so I am never sore from it. I love that it is strength training for my legs (with high resistance) and cardio for my lungs and fat loss.

My least favorite exercise would be tricep dips.
dips.jpg

This always kill me, but they work, so I do them when I can.

Also, I'd like to mention how awesome strength training is. A lot of women avoid it because they think they're going to bulk up.. unless you have crazy amounts of testosterone and you're lifting really heavy for years, you won't bulk up. Girls get long, lean muscles from working out, even when using heavier weights. I did a round of P90X and continued my strength exercises afterwards. In less than five months, I lost 35 lbs. Atleast half of my workouts involved lifting weights.

Also, when you lift weights or strength training, you increase your metabolism for 24-48 hours afterwards so you will continue to lose weight after you stop exercising. In the long-term, the more muscle you have (compared to body fat percentage), the higher your metabolism and the more food you can take in without gaining weight. So, start lifting ladies. :)

Werbung:
Not a big fan of lifting weights myself, but simply due to the fact that I have arthritis in my hands.

I have a stationary bike which I try to ride every day at least 20 to 30 minutes. What do I hate, is getting starting. Not sure why, but I think about for few hours, before actually getting up and getting started. Once I do get started I enjoy it and I really feel so much better afterwards.

Plus having been on the bike that day helps me throughout the day with making better choices on what to eat. If I didn't ride the bike and my kids come and offer me a piece a chocolate I usually say yes. Thinking oh well, haven't been on the bike, what the heck lol But after riding the bike, I usually say no. Simply because why stuff my face with chocolate now where I just worked so hard :)

The one trick I just started is to buy a size smaller jeans and hanging it up where I can see it every day. Seeing those pants (money already spent) and wanting to fit into those pants is a good motivation for me. I gave myself a month, let's see if I can do it.. will keep you posted.

My favorite form of workout or exercise would be biking or playing lawn tennis and table tennis.
I prefer those since it was not boring and I could do it with friends.
My least would be full body push up since I am having a hard time doing that.

My least favorite form of exercise is strength training (like pushups, etc), I just get so bored and I lack the discipline to see it through. I even had a trainer but alas, just cannot (or will not) do it. Yet I know it is important so I have to work on that. I use yoga to stretch and strengthen but I know I need to do more.

My favorite exercise is most kinds of cardio. I tend to love running, swimming, dancing and tennis the most. I also enjoy kickboxing classes, anything upbeat and that gets my heart pumping. Music is a great motivator so it is definitely my exercise partner.

I love the rowing machine and exercise bikes and swimming.
My least favourite has got to be anything to do with running and , press ups ( no chance) and arm exercises because my shoulders are to double jointed and they crunch and pop and it's just generally uncomfortable.

I don't exercise but I plan on staring a work out plan immediately. I'm starting to feel things I know I shouldn't be feeling and I know that keeping in shape will help avoid drastic consequences. Hopefully you guys can give me tips. I want to focus more on my abdomen as I have developed a lot of belly fat.

Any suggestions?

FAVORITE
  • Bench Weight Lifting
Weight%20Lifting%20Bench.jpg

• Leg Raise (an extremely popular exercise among rowers)
SeatedLegRaise.JPG

LEAST FAVORITE
  • Leg Press:mad:
leg-press-11.jpg

I attended classical ballet classes in the past and I loved it. I still love ballet exercises and I often do them at home. I love dancing! Somehow, it makes me feel very feminine. And it's fun:D
My least favorite exercise would be running. I really hate it, it's just too exhausting for me. I don't like being tired and I always run very slowly:(

My favorite form of exercise is running. I love the way I feel afterwards. The runner's high is amazing.

I hate squats. I don't do them because I have weak knees. I need to use the machine to do squats.

My favorite kind of workout is aerobic exercises... there are so many different routines that it never gets boring and I can switch to a new routine if I get tired of one. I also like a treadmill workout.

On the other end, I hate the stuff that many people no longer do like pushups and sit-ups. I just find that it's not worth doing things like that when I'm going to dread them when there are so many things that I *do* like using for workouts.

My favorite exercise is walking/running and the stair climbing. Walking/running is easy for me and I like seeing how far I can go and beating my record each time. I also really like the stair climber because I like how my muscles feel sore the next day. I like feeling sore because then I feel like I actually got some exercise. My least favorite exercise has got to be the bikes. I really enjoy biking outside, but when it comes to biking at the YMCA, it seems to take so much to burn off any calories at all.

I love Latin dance as a form of cardio exercise. It's fun to do and I feel energized afterwards. Sometimes when I use the treadmill and lift weights they feel like chores and it’s hard to motivate myself to go to the gym. With Latin dance I can just move to a zumba or Latin dance DVD in the convenience of my bedroom whenever I have an extra 20 or 30 minutes to spare.

My favorite exercises are probably squats or planks. I also love running and Kung Fu.

My least favorite exercises are probably burpees.
Burpees work the full body so well, but they're just killer. It's a love/hate relationship.

Gosh, I tried tricep dips for the first time last week and I can't say that I'm a fan either ha ha. ;)

My favorite workout would be a tossup between Pilates and running and my least favorite would have to be weights. I hate weights as I'm a cardio girl and so tend to Pilates to tone instead.

Werbung:
I LOVE Running and yoga. After I finish a yoga session I feel like I've just had a massage and I love running fast and far. I'm good at it so that helps.
tumblr_mb0o1orJb71rr6ipbo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m7qck8CC9a1ra6tfho1_500.jpg

I don't really have an exercise that I hate because I just love what any exercise can do for you.

Back