• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Egyptian baby stable after docs remove second head

Snowbaby

An Egyptian baby born with two heads was in stable condition on Sunday after doctors at a provincial hospital removed one of the heads in a 13-hour operation, the doctors said.

Nasif Hifnawy, head of paediatrics at Benha Children’s Hospital, said that 10-month-old Manar Maged could move all four limbs and showed no signs of paralysis.

‘‘Manar is now breathing normally and has a normal heartbeat and blood pressure,’’ he added. The baby remains in intensive care at the hospital, 40 km north of Cairo, and doctors expect her to stay there for at least seven days.

Manar was born with a rare condition known as craniopagus parasiticus, which occurs when an embryo begins to split into identical twins but fails to complete the process. One of the the conjoined twins fails to develop fully in the womb.

Source

Werbung:
I've heard of this condition before, I'm just so glad this baby is ok and I hope her health continues to improve. :flower4u:

Back