• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Don't you just hate it when you have to do everything by yourself?

Cecille

I am a mom, I know. But there are times when I get really pissed off when my hubby scatters all his clothes in the bedroom and in the floor. After he gets home, he would just lie in the bed and even if he have rested already from work, he does nothing to help me. He wouldn't even lift a finger! :mad:

There are times when I can't even find the time to take a bath. I know he is tired but I am as tired as well.

Do you have this problem as well?

Werbung:
I do sometimes have this problem and it always makes me really mad. I don't mind hard work, but when the person I live with is making extra work for me, I just feel really outraged. I'm not supposed to be thinking how much easier my life would be if I didn't have to clean up the mess of a whole extra grown up person!

I do have a problem but not this bad. He is home too tho so it is not like he is working all day and coming home to rest. He does help out a little but not much. He takes garbage out and often times does dishes. But I do everything else.

I don't have a husband but I do have a few roommates in a large five bedroom house -- it drives me absolutely crazy when they don't do their dishes or wipe down the kitchen counters or clean the hallway and stuff like that. I feel like every adult should be responsible for themselves. It's rude to not take care of your own things and pay attention without being told to.

I don't mind doing the housework, cooking, washing and so on. But it's quite irritating when others in the house won't help to clean up after themselves. Fortunately, my husband is not the type to just throw his work clothes on the floor and leave it there or throw his towels wherever he pleases when he's finished bathing. He knows where his work clothes should go and where the towel should be hung. If he makes any mess, he cleans them up himself. I never do. I only do what I'm supposed to do like washing the clothes, cooking, washing the dishes and so on. Everyone in the house knows I won't be cleaning up their mess.

I do not have a husband yet too but I could relate on such situation.
When I was younger, I am assigned to clean, take care of the store and do some household chores while others in the house specially a cousin (who is a favorite of our auntie) would just play all he wants. I do not grew up with my parents and hard to feel you are all alone. Good thing I had learned how to be very independent and live my life on my own. ;)

Yes ,I really do. I hate when I have to do everyone else's responsibilities by myself. I don't mind if it is my own stuff, but up cleaning up after people or running their errands for them. I just want people to take care of themselves.

I don't have that problem because I would never allow such a thing. PIG STYES don't live in my home. The next one who gets in a relationship with me will have to tread very lightly because I don't put up with bad home behavior.

Oh defintely! Had that same problem, but mine was much worse. He doesn't help in the house...and he doesn't work, too. Just does what he likes; watch videos, sleep, go out with the boys, and demand wifely duties when he comes home. he worked a few times, very short jobs because he resigns so fast. But the output I gave was much higher than the input.

The solution: after 15 years of hoping, I returned him to his mom! ^__^

I guess these are the times that I appreciate having a passive beau. I could ask him to do the housework which is great especially when I start working and prefer not to be disturbed. I would ask him to walk the dogs, cook, clean the potty area, do the dishes, prepare stuff and even help me with laundry at times. Unfortunately, I have to ask him all the time. Gone are the days were men take the initiative to do things for themselves.

Fortunately, I do not have to deal with scattered clothes. His mom taught him well and as long as the used clothes end up in the bin, then I'm fine with that.

I hate pigs and my sister has taught me well on taking care of myself and cleaning my own mess.

Oh my goodness sometimes my boyfriend can be so lazy. I feel so bad because I used to be like this but now that I have somewhat "moved in," I have changed my ways I think. The next time I see my dad I totally want to sit down and talk to him about how sorry I am for being such a lazy butt and not helping him with anything. It's so stressful! I'm so thankful of my dad now, he went through so much. lol

My husband is pretty good about picking up and helping around the house. He does the laundry, vacuums and cooks half the time. He does leave things about the house though which annoys me. Tools, his jackets, what ever is in his hand when he comes in the door ends up on the table or counter and will sit there till I say something. So I started hiding them. (snort) Later he would ask did you see my blue jacket or my ratchet set and I would tell him "if you put it away you would know where it is" He caught on pretty quick.

Beth

I can relate. Although my husband helps with a lot, I feel as though I am doing 75% of the work instead of 50/50. He helps with the things that take time since I don't have any patience. He usually does the grocery shopping, runs to the bank, does the doctors appointments for the kids, the post office and runs those kinds of errands. He also does dishes because I hate doing that. I do everything else. Laundry, take care of our toddler, cook, etc. Sometimes I don't mind it, but sometimes I would like a little bit more help with our little one.

I can relate, too. Have you talked to him about it? He likely feels like he's worked all day already and now it's time to relax, but may not fully understand that you feel the same way and could use some help with some things.

Werbung:
I can relate. Don't be an enabler! Don't pick it up. Just close the door. Out of sight out of mind. Make him pick it up! I don't get how men think that they "worked all day" and so they deserve to not help out. I work all day too. You just have to stand your ground.

Back