• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you make homemade food?

dconklin

Growing up, my Mom, Aunts and my Grandma made almost everything homemade. Homemade bread, jellies and jams, pasta and so much more.

I try to make various things homemade - bread, apple pie, peanut butter eggs and a few other daring ideas. I am slowly adding to my homemade experiences and I love to cook so it helps.

Do you make homemade (from scratch) food or do you buy your bread and other items that can be made at home?

Werbung:
We don't do it as much as we used to but there are some things that we like homemade. We've been pickling various vegetables for years now (from cucumbers to garlic). We also like to make our own jellies and jams on occasion (we're still trying to finish off the blueberry one from last year).

We just buy breads from the bakeries here and what we usually made or cook at home are the dishes as it is very seldom for us to dine out.
We had made peanut butter and some spreads at home. I had tried making some sweet delicacies and desserts at home too.

Bakery I don't do but I do love to cook and make meals myself more than going out. I make great stews and pastas.

When I am in the mood in cooking something, I cook. I often cook from the scratch. It is really exciting to eat foods that you cooked/baked.

I make most things from scratch...however, I do not always have the time nor the inclination. The cool thing is that once you know how to do something it takes really quick...like making pizza from scratch is the easiest thing once you know how and takes minutes. Also, that way you know what is going in to it! (-:

My mom hates to cook so I had to rely on the internet to learn how to make things from scratch. My mom really didn't do much "cookin" but did a lot of "fixin'." She bought a lot of prepackaged foods and now I am a huge girl for it. Ugh. Thanks mom! Homemade is the way to go. If you have a garden at home, even better!

I love to cook homemade food! Although I am much more of a baker than a cooker, I love when I can say that I made something myself. Although I usually often buy foods like bread and easy to prepare meals. Even though I would love to cook homemade meals everyday, I don't have the patience or the time!

I'm on a gluten free diet and in my country gluten free food is really expensive so I often eat homemade food to save some money. Also, I really enjoy cooking and baking - especially if I can to this with my boyfriend. We always have so much fun:D

Yep, I sure do.

I pretty much always make my foods at home. I don't use convenience foods to create dishes either. I love trying new dishes out from scratch.

I'm also gluten free. I make everything from scratch! For health reasons, but also just because it is fun and saves money. My latest projects have been ferments like sauerkraut and water kefir, which are amazing.

I don't really like to cook and if I am to go into the kitchen to cook, I'd do something very simple like stir fry vege or just some soup. I don't make my own bread or cookies or jams. I think it's just too much hassle when it's so easily available at the supermarket and sometimes at very reasonable prices too.

I don't make my food from scratch. I love cooking and baking, but that's a bit much for me. I don't make homemade meals without using packaged food. But I don't make my own bread, peanut butter, or jelly. I tip my hat to anyone who does. (y)

I think it's just too much hassle when it's so easily available at the supermarket and sometimes at very reasonable prices too.

I agree that you can often get them at really good prices. My bigger concern at times is the ingredients inside. In the US at least, a lot of those super cheap options are also filled with crappy fillers and chemicals. I would rather spend a little bit more at times and make it myself than put that in the kids' bodies, not knowing what it might do to them.

Werbung:
Back