• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Curses On You, Downloading, Curses!

Potholer

*headesk*

I'm just gonna whien about the whole story - my computer was acting up for ages, so I took it into uni to get it looked at, the guy tells me that the registry has gone down the loo and i should just reinstall the whole of windows. Avoided doing it for a bit cos I had a big assignment on and I didn't want to risk blowing up my friends computer cos I was going to transfer all my data through hers onto my external hardrive (which I can't use myself cos I may or may not have broked the high speed USB ports a few months back...).

Those broken usb ports - if you touch anything metal to them, the whole computer goes "peoooo" and shortcircuits. Forgot to tell my brother, he plugs in a usb, the whole thing goes "peoooo"....and then doesn't turn back on.

Take it into the fixer people, they try to retrieve my data. Fails. FAILS. I've lsot EVERYTHING :(.

So now I'm borrowing my sister's while she's away but she has no games except the microsoft ones, and this is bad cos it's exam time and I need games for procrastination!!!!

So I've been trying to download this awesome Master of Defense - about 3 of them were diseased and the latest one is stuck on 99%. 99. Ninety nine percent. ARGH. I'm SO CLOSE. And I also tried to get Age of Empires3 which should work sweet on my sister's - my computer isn't powerful enough for it. Downloaded the whole 700megs worth in less time than it took for that Master of Defense game to go from 78-79% of 14.9megs (!!!!) but then I find out I need a virtual drive, got that, but AOE decides there's something off with the file and it wont install. *headesk* *cry*.

AND I got The Curse of Monkey Island for which I need a DOS emulator but the one I had on my computer wont seem to download onto this one - all the files are corrupt. Whyyyyy do you hate me whyyyyy.

I miss my computer :(.

Werbung:
:lol: that's actually the sound it makes.

I know it's horrible :(. yeah, I was playing heaps of games and then all of a sudden it tells me I need two more posts to keep going. And I was ADDICTED at that point!

I rediscovered Rise of Legends that I've borrowed from a friend so it is currently installing *sigh of relief*

*cry* I'm crushed. Near tears in fact. I'm being over dramatic but at the same time not. Got my compute back, the charge cord is broked though (I forgot about that since giving it to them) so I had it for the duration of the battery which was about half an hour cos the battery is crap and now I'm without it again. I now I feel horrible cos I was so excited about having it back and having a reason to go into my room and get away from couples and actually have some stress relief and downtime (cos now my excuse has to be "study" which it actually will be cos there's nothing else to do in my room).

This sucks so much, I don't know how long it will take to order in a cord cos I have to order it in cos Dell are the most intensively stupid people cos you can only get dell stuff through a dell dealer and there isn't one in Dunedin.

:sob:

:(

Ok, I took it to some computer people today and they couldn't help me so I went to another and they gave me A NEW ADAPTER but I was also gettingblue screens telling me to check newly installed hardware so i jsut took it into the computer fixers and the guy will be calling me after lunch he said about when it can be fixed. Cos it's labor weekend which means they're closed for monday and there is NO WAY I'm going the whole weekend without my baby.

:(.

The new cord cost 71 when it would normally be around 90 and I got IMMEDIATELY instead of waiting a week so hurray for that at least...

Werbung:
I had to do my own clean install of Windows Home Premium awhile back and it was a PAIN in the neck. For almost half a year, that computer would constantly freeze and stall and even shriek before dying suddenly. Then, I downloaded all the updates and Service Packs and it started acting normally. That was three years back and now it's back to acting weird, so maybe time for an operating system update. Except I don't have the money to update my software, so maybe I will just buy a new computer that already has Windows 7 installed on it. That would be like buying the computer and getting the software for free. Best of luck with your computer, if you can't get WIndows OS to work, try Ubuntu. They will ship you a free OS disk you can use to load onto your harddrive or you can download a copy via your sis' computer and then burn to disk and use on your own computer for installation.

Back