• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Cooking as relaxation

Gabriellea

I enjoy baking and cooking to relax me. When I get a little stressed, I like to cook and often cook in bulk and freeze everything. It gives me time to focus and stops me getting distracted and keeps me calm. The best thing is it useful and also is great for when people come around and I get to use up all my leftovers.

Werbung:
It gives me time to focus and stops me getting distracted and keeps me calm

I couldn't agree with you more. Cooking is a great stress reliever. Whenever I need to take my mind off something that's bothering me I usually make a meal that's complicated and will need attention to detail, something like Biriyani which needs at least 10 or more spices and ingredients.

I'd recommend this to everyone, not only will you have a great meal after but you might also get a new perspective on whatever's causing you stress.

Aaah, cooking is great. For relaxation. Also for putting off important things to do -- I used to have deadlines but just be like, "Nevermind, I cook for a few hours now, we need to eat anyway!"

I'm not good with someone watching me though, my dad sometimes watches me and makes me nervous and keeps telling me what to do. I like to cook alone and really hate someone telling I am doing something wrong, because we all have our own shortcuts and ways to do things, for example I like to add my vegetables to my pasta as I cook it, but will add the sauce afterwards or I might make an omelet and fold a filling in or mix it in with the egg to start with depending on my mood.

Werbung:
Back