• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Computer addiction

I'm a definite computer addict, and it's only my mam really who has a problem with it :p. She banned me from using the laptop on weekdays because of this, and continues on to nag about it when she sees me using the laptop on weekends. She should at least be content for now that I did what she has told, plus I quit gaming.

Werbung:
So this was bumped from quite a while ago and I doubt the original poster still comes here even.

For anyone else who reads this thread later, though, you're really not alone. A lot of people are like this and the best thing you can do when you realize there's a problem is to just start working against it. You don't have to get rid of your computer or anything, but make it a conscious effort to go hang out with friends on the weekend or even just going to bed at a certain time instead of staying up too late playing your favorite game. The game will be there tomorrow. The people will be there another day. It's okay to step away for a while.

I'm not a computer addict but I can see how young people can become addicted to it. I'm only on the computer for between four to eight hours a day because I have other responsibilities that need to be taken care of.

If you feel that your being on the computer all the time is not good for you then you only need to reduce the amount of time you're on the computer. Do it gradually. Today 16 hours. Tomorrow cut it down by half an hour and then the next day another half hour and so on until you've reduced the time you're on the computer to a manageable time that doesn't affect your personal life.

Try to go out with friends or take up a hobby that doesn't involve going online. I hope you're able to overcome this addiction. It's going to be hard, I must warn you but you must resist the temptation to go online all the time. You're only twelve. Surely there are many other things that you can do besides going online. Wish you all the best of luck.

Umm are your parents aware of your addiction to internet? Since you are very young it's their responsibility to help you get over this and lead a more active life without the internet. Can you believe that when I was a teenager computers and internet were not as popular and basically nobody I knew owned one. We had plenty of fun with other things in life. I did not get my first one until I was 20 and it was a very slow one. Yes I was excited at first but I had other hobbies and things that interested me that were more important to me. I would suggest you try to get a hobby yourself, if you like working with computers and internet maybe you could learn a hobby dealing with that. If you have smartphone try using it more than the computer and gradually leave the computer alone. The internet will still be there when you come back.

You already know your problem; now, it's time to make that hard decision to discipline yourself. No amount of advise will work for you. You know deep inside you what the solutions are. It's ok to be using the computer; it's the communication tool now. But if you are just going to be on games, skip your meals and forget there's a life outside your room...then you are ruining yourself. Act now before it's toolate.

When is it too late?

When you finally realize that you've been growing old and nothing is happening with your life.

It isceasy to become a computer addict. However, when you know there sre other things you need to be doing, mske sure you do them before even turning your computer on. School work needs to cone before facebook. The same facebook status updates will still be therebin an hour. Remember, you can ays easily catch up on facebook later.

Some days i feel so attached to the computer that i pass up opportunities to hang out with my friends.On realizing that I quickly amend things.
There are so many more interesting things outside of internet.You just need to find the one that interests you.It could be some sport,musical instument,art or even something like collecting stamps.When you find it computer wouldn't seem as addictive anymore:)
Mingle with friends and have fun. You can't get things like that back, but u can play on the computer whenever you want.sSo,decide wisely.

Werbung:
I've been pretty good with my computer usage lately. I used to be glued to my laptop all the time but I've learned to cut back. It's nice to get up and do other things too instead of sitting in front of a computer monitor all day. I guess, with me, I got sick and tired of browsing through the Internet after a while. There were still things I could do but they didn't seem that important so I didn't really see a reason for using my computer all the time. In the long run, it was a good thing so I'm not complaining.

Back