• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Christmas decorations!

MizzDeeDee

I'm curious as to when I should start putting up Christmas decorations. This will be my first year decorating. I figured now that my daughter is a toddler, that she'd enjoy it a bit more.

When do you start decorating? Do you wait until after Thanksgiving? Do you do both indoor and outdoor decorations?

Werbung:
My hubby and I put up Christmas decorations usually by mid-November. Every year we have a color theme. What we do is when we buy decorations we have different shades of that color in Christmas balls for the tree and other decors around the house. We also have a complimentary color like silver for blue or gold for red. This year since our two year old girl loves pink we have shades of Fuschia and pink. My sons aren't happy with it but my hubby has waited a long time for a baby girl and he wants to live it up.

Trishgl, I must say that pink themed Christmas decorations sound quite lovely! I'm sure your daughter will love them:D

Personally, I really don't like Christmas, I celebrate it only because my family forces me to. I don't put up any decorations. If I did, I would probably wait until mid-December. There is no need to hurry.

Here is a nice idea, paper snowflakes:

decorating-ideas-simple-handcrafted-white-winter-snowflake-stickers-christmas-window-decorating-ideas-cool-christmas-window-decorating-ideas.jpg

Trishgl, I must say that pink themed Christmas decorations sound quite lovely! I'm sure your daughter will love them:D

Personally, I really don't like Christmas, I celebrate it only because my family forces me to. I don't put up any decorations. If I did, I would probably wait until mid-December. There is no need to hurry.

Here is a nice idea, paper snowflakes:

decorating-ideas-simple-handcrafted-white-winter-snowflake-stickers-christmas-window-decorating-ideas-cool-christmas-window-decorating-ideas.jpg
Those are very cute, and low key. Is this something that was homemade, I wonder? I could do this, I just hope the kid wouldn't tear them down.

I don't think we'll be putting up a tree. I think she'll destroy it. I think lights would probably be okay, though.

I put mine up about a week ago. I have a two year old and having the tree up is fine with him around. He loves to look at the lights on it and the star on the top. We had ornaments on it but he liked to take them off so I decided to take them all off and he has not tried to touch it since

Those are very cute, and low key. Is this something that was homemade, I wonder? I could do this, I just hope the kid wouldn't tear them down.

I don't think we'll be putting up a tree. I think she'll destroy it. I think lights would probably be okay, though.
Yes, I'm sure those snowflakes are homemade. Actually, I believe that it's very easy to make them, all you need are scissors, white paper and double-sided sticky tape:)
As for Christmas trees, I've never liked them and I agree, it's safer to keep them away from children. And from dogs, lol:p My little Yorkie always tries to eat all shiny decorations:eek:

My parents are in charge of the outside of the house, but I decorate my room with some really pretty string lights. Speaking of which, I should go ahead and plug those in when I get home.

Yes, I'm sure those snowflakes are homemade. Actually, I believe that it's very easy to make them, all you need are scissors, white paper and double-sided sticky tape:)
As for Christmas trees, I've never liked them and I agree, it's safer to keep them away from children. And from dogs, lol:p My little Yorkie always tries to eat all shiny decorations:eek:
I also have a Yorkie! He is very old, so he'd probably leave the tree alone. I can't say the same for our cats, though. I'm sure they'd be all over it.

I like the snowflakes, so simplistic. I might consider making them.

I also have a Yorkie! He is very old, so he'd probably leave the tree alone. I can't say the same for our cats, though. I'm sure they'd be all over it.

I like the snowflakes, so simplistic. I might consider making them.
I love Yorkies! They're the cutest little things, aren't they? My little dog is 7 years old, so he is an adult, but he still acts like a puppy and always has so many silly ideas. He loves chewing things that aren't edible, lol. I love him, but I must say that he is very naughty. I would never leave him alone with shiny Christmas decorations:eek::p

Werbung:
I usually start decorating the day after Thanksgiving day, but this is not always possible, so I usually wait until either the last Sunday of November or the first day of December, whatever comes first.

This year, however, I could not start decorating on any of these days, and while I thought to do it by St. Nicholas days, Christmas celebration in several European countries, among other places in the world. Today is December 8th and I'm just starting by putting random decorations here and there.

First one includes the ornaments in the outside of the front door, but inside only candy cane lights and a few random figurines. Hope to complete the task before bedtime, while it's 4:09 pm here (CST)

Back