• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Binge Drinking Tackled With New Labels Plan

GossipQueen

ALCOHOLIC drinks will get new warning labels under a government scheme announced today.

In a voluntary agreement between ministers and the industry, all drinks will be expected to carry details of units and recommended safe drinking levels on their labels by the end of 2008.

At present, bottles and cans carry percentage details of alcohol and most carry unit information. But the Government now wants safety advice for pregnant women put on there as well as the recommendations for safe drinking.

The move comes amid fears about the rise in binge drinking and an increase in alcohol-related diseases and death.

The new labels will include the drink's unit content and the recommended safe drinking levels.

Source

Werbung:
This isn't going to do anything...I know how bad drinking too much is, and I went and did it the other night...I'm STILL not feeling good...

Werbung:
I tend to agree with you, the consequences of drinking alcohol - binge or not - is readily available, but doesn't stop us. I think it may make people more aware of how much they drink, but I don't think it will help any.

Back