1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Best non-chemical home cleaners

Discussion in 'Ailments & Natural Remedies' started by Orrymain, May 9, 2011.

1. Orrymain

Orrymain Member

What are the best and most economical home cleaners right now? I'm trying to find something I can afford that is without the chemicals.

2. NatureElf

NatureElf Member

Castille soap, baking soda, white vinegar. The soap and baking soda make a great scrub type cleanser. The vinegar is good for cleaning windows and mirrors, just dilute it in a spray bottle.
    A microfiber cloth is great for dusting and mirrors!

3. kernow

kernow Member

Vinegar and newspaper is good for cleaning windows and lemon juice is good for cleaning and for getting limescale off.

4. Luv2write

Luv2write Member

Another great one is hydrogen peroxide. It cleans great.

5. Orrymain

Orrymain Member

Do you mix that with anything or just pour it on and go from there?

6. Luv2write

Luv2write Member

I have poured in in a spray bottle and just began cleaning with it. You can dilute with water if you want to.

7. Orrymain

Orrymain Member

Thanks. What surfaces/places do you specifically use it with to clean?

8. Luv2write

Luv2write Member

Lots of places. I have used it to clean the kitty litter boxes, the tub and shower, the toliet. The counters too.

9. Orrymain

Orrymain Member

So pretty much anything then. I really need to check that out.

10. oceangypsy

oceangypsy Member

I have never cleaned with hydrogen peroxide. I will have to try it sometime.
    On a side note, club soda works great on windows and mirrors.

11. Luv2write

Luv2write Member

I have never used club soda. I will have to try it. Does it streak? I have trouble with this all the time.

12. Orrymain

Orrymain Member

I've never had club soda in my house. I went shopping and totally forgot to buy some hydrogen peroxide. geez

13. oceangypsy

oceangypsy Member

The club soda does not streak. Works especially well if used with a microfiber cloth. Put some club soda in a spray bottle.

14. NatureElf

NatureElf Member

I love my microfiber cleaning towels. They work so well and with just some water. Easy to care for and very inexpensive. I have even found them at the Dollar Store.

15. Orrymain

Orrymain Member

Microfiber seems to do a good job. I don't have any towels, but I have glass lens cloth that is excellent.