• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Alcoholic Beverages, What's Your Side?

digitalbrew

We often see it in movies and TV series where women would enjoy a couple of drinks in the bar or have a glass of wine while enjoying a nice date.

I used to enjoy drinking but eventually grew out of it. I would do so after exams, during dates or celebrations. But nowadays, I no longer like the taste of beer or gin so I settle for iced tea or coffee.

Are you a casual drinker? Or are you the type who prefer drinking Iced Tea even with friends who drink?

Werbung:
I'm not a drinker. The last drink I had was a glass of champagne at my sisters wedding 8 or 9 years ago. I was pretty tempted after attending a funeral two years ago. I don't begrudge others who drink. I grew up around heavy drinkers and I just went the opposite way. Also, I went to a college that was known as a party school. It turned me off to drinking even more.

I see nothing wrong with it. I don't usually drink but have on occasion. I think it's more about making sure you're in control and don't drink too many. Too many drinks turns a casual night into a very messy one instead.

I like alcoholic drinks from time. But I'd just assume have a soda at times as well. Beer isn't my favorite in the world and it makes me really full so I tend not to drink it too often.

I'm not a drinker. The last drink I had was a glass of champagne at my sisters wedding 8 or 9 years ago. I was pretty tempted after attending a funeral two years ago. I don't begrudge others who drink. I grew up around heavy drinkers and I just went the opposite way. Also, I went to a college that was known as a party school. It turned me off to drinking even more.

I guess I grew out of the drinking habit after it started to taste bad. And that happened a little shortly after I stopped doing it in a habitual basis. I hated the taste of beer. It wanted t make me hurl... but gin, on the other hand, was good. It's just the heavy sleeping that bothered me after drinking a lot of it.

It must have been hard to grow up with heavy drinkers. My brother used to be one and he would come home literally crawling and hurling. Back when he was a little over 30, he went home to my mom's place very drunk and vomited so much. My mom had to clean his face up with a wet towel.

It must have been hard to grow up with heavy drinkers. My brother used to be one and he would come home literally crawling and hurling. Back when he was a little over 30, he went home to my mom's place very drunk and vomited so much. My mom had to clean his face up with a wet towel.

My mother gave up drinking before I hit my teens. My father remained a functioning alcoholic. He wasn't a sloppy drunk. He would drink a malt beer before 8am, but he a great job and was recognized nationally for the work he did on the job. It didn't interfere with his work.

My younger brother is a sloppy drunk. He's still able to hold a job and excel at it. He's a lot like my father. My youngest sister gave up heavy drinking when she had a kid. The other sister just drinks socially. It's a bit weird being the only non-drinker in the family.

I didn't have to take carry a family of drunks. I was very lucky in that regards.

I have nothing against alcoholic beverages. I love white wine but I never drink more than two glasses at one time. If I let myself drink more of it, I would be drunk and I don't want that.

My mother gave up drinking before I hit my teens. My father remained a functioning alcoholic. He wasn't a sloppy drunk. He would drink a malt beer before 8am, but he a great job and was recognized nationally for the work he did on the job. It didn't interfere with his work.

My younger brother is a sloppy drunk. He's still able to hold a job and excel at it. He's a lot like my father. My youngest sister gave up heavy drinking when she had a kid. The other sister just drinks socially. It's a bit weird being the only non-drinker in the family.

I didn't have to take carry a family of drunks. I was very lucky in that regards.

That's is interesting. I've heard that some people work a lot better when they are drunk, especially writers. It makes them relax and such.

I, on the other hand, don't function well when I am drunk. I'm not noisy or anything, but my brain certainly functions 10x slower than my normal body function.

It's good that even though you belonged to a family of drinkers, you weren't enticed to do so yourself.

I come from a family of non-drinkers so my decision not to drink came as no surprise. It also helped that my mom is a doctor so all the cons were taught to us from the cradle. Non of my relatives drink either so there was absolutely no alcoholic beverages during reunions and such. I really didn't feel like I missed out on anything at all. In fact just so I wasn't a total innocent when it came to drinking my dad even ordered me my first drink when we were all celebrating at a hotel;). Well nothing came out of that experience. I guess I just don't like the thought of losing control even if its just a little bit.

I started drinking at college more than seeking to have nice date or socialize, following my teacher's advice; "a woman need to know how to drink to avoid being fooled by a guy trying to get you drunk."

So that, I started to drink on my own at home testing some drink recipes our teacher gave us. I made a career in the tourism and hospitality industry and he covered the restaurants class.

However my real problem with alcohol began after graduating and making of a daily cocktail an habit that eventually was requiring more than one or two shots of alcohol a day.

After a long story that took near death, I recovered on my own and while I may drink occasionally, I have never gotten drunk again and mostly trying non-alcoholic recipes like these.

I don't drink much, but I enjoy it occasionally. My husband and I have recently decided to learn more about wine, so we research different kinds and pick up a nice bottle from time to time. I don't see anything wrong with drinking on occasion (I don't go out and get sloppy drunk and stuff, but imbibing a bit is okay).

Werbung:
So that, I started to drink on my own at home testing some drink recipes our teacher gave us. I made a career in the tourism and hospitality industry and he covered the restaurants class.

However my real problem with alcohol began after graduating and making of a daily cocktail an habit that eventually was requiring more than one or two shots of alcohol a day.

After a long story that took near death, I recovered on my own and while I may drink occasionally, I have never gotten drunk again and mostly trying non-alcoholic recipes like

Back