• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

9 Natural Remedies To Improve Your Memory

AliceCoopersGirl

Eating right helps keep the muscles and organs healthy and strong, and it follows that eating nutritiously also keeps the brain healthy and the memory clear. Other than a well-balanced diet, natural remedies that help boost memory are also gaining popularity.

Some studies suggest that lower levels of some of the B vitamins may contribute to Alzheimer’s disease, so it seems a good idea to take Vitamin B supplement to counter the progress of memory loss and the potential onset of this disease.

Gingko biloba extract which helps with the flow of blood throughout the body, appears to have a positive affect on memory function as it also improves the flow of blood to the brain. The improved flow of blood to the brain brings with it more oxygen and should thus help improve memory.

Ginseng is an herb that helps energize and revitalize the body, so it stands to reason that it should also positively affect the brain and thus the memory.

Another supplement that also helps improve memory is rosemary, which helps stimulate the brain and thus the memory too.

Foods rich in antioxidants contribute to the overall health of your body, and also appear to work in helping memory functions. Thus it is beneficial to include antioxidant-rich food as part of the daily diet, including nuts, berries, carrots and especially green tea. Green tea is an excellent source of antioxidant, and along with black tea, appears to greatly boost a person’s ability to remember.

Another food product that helps improve memory function is soy. Soy products such as tofu and soymilk offer many health benefits to the body and of course to the brain. With this positive impact on memory, soy should be a regular part of a healthy diet.

As oil is usually used in cooking it makes sense to use oil that can help boost the memory and to include it as part of everyday cooking. One of the healthiest oil to use is olive oil, and if it is regularly used when cooking or as part of the salad dressing it should really help your brain and memory too.

Many people need a morning jolt of coffee in order to focus. The caffeine found in the coffee is a stimulant and not only does it stimulate our bodies it also stimulates our minds as well, giving the brain the extra boost needed to help the memory retain information.

For people who are concerned with the first signs of memory loss due to age or stress, following a balanced diet and taking natural supplements is a positive step towards improving the memory, and has fewer side effects than medications. It is a right step towards a sharper memory and a more confident you.

Werbung:
These are all great tips. I think we can all benefit from having a better memory. I know there are some days when I feel like I have lost it.

Thanks for the post. I have heard that the Gingko biloba bit is overrated though and may not do any good at all. This was on the news about a year ago. They really don't know that it helps any.

Nice article. I've wanted to start having more soy products for a long time now but never get around to actually doing it. There was a time that I was buying soy milk for myself but it fizzled and I really need to start that again. Some of the brands weren't *too* bad when it came to flavor. :)

interesting article, thank you..

I use olive oil for everything... so thats a good start...

I thought I read somewhere that Soy products are not all that good for you for somereason.. but I can't remember details.. I'll have to go see if I can find anything.

Thanks for this information girl! I would really need to have some of those supplements cause i recently having a short memory loss. :) This would help me a lot.

Werbung:
Great post. I learned some very helpful tips here! I knew about B Vitamin, but otherwise I really have not heard of many of these. The most surprising to me was the oil and coffee. These are two things I would normally think are bad for you. But I guess some things are good in moderation! I will definitely have to try the ginseng and rosemary.

Back